Club Re-Opening, Table Booking Details & Correct Link for Town Hall Recording
These are the details you will need to book to attend club nights and where to find more information
Following the result of much planning we have been allowed to reopen the club. This is not going to be the return of “Normal” Club nights, there are some major changes and compromises we have had to make in order to make this possible. All of these changes are to enable us to run club nights socially distanced and to reduce the risk of infection.
In order to attend Club nights you will need to book in advance. To book in advance please go to the following link and fill in the information required, we need the information for Track and Trace:
Booking is possible 7 days before a club night and there are only 18 tables. Initially only bookings for club members will be approved, if you are a non club member and make a booking it will be cancelled and we will respond explaining why. We will look at allowing new members once we see how popular club nights are, this will be reviewed at the next committee meeting. If you don’t have a booking you will not be allowed into the club night.
Club nights will run from 18:30 and your game will need to finish by 22:30. This is to allow the club night manager and deputy to setup all of the tables and tidy up afterwards.
When at a Club night please be aware of the following:
- The club Night will be run by a Manager and a deputy – Both of these positions will be filled by committee members who will be in a rota. Their word on the club nights is final.
- Masks are required at a club night – This is in line with government guidance and applies unless you have a valid medical reason. You will need to bring your own mask as Winnersh Parish Council are not providing them. You are welcome to bring any other PPE e.g. gloves and visor if you wish to.
- Do not attend a club night if you are symptomatic and/or have a positive test – I hope this is common sense by now but if you are symptomatic or have had a positive test and have been told to self isolate do not attend the club. Please let the committee know if this is the case.
- A game can only take place between 2 members – Only 2 members will be allowed per table, there are no exceptions allowed.
- Your table will be setup for you when you arrive – All tables are 6×5 foot and will be setup with a green cloth and 2 chairs. Do not move your table, all tables will be placed in accordance with social distancing.
- Please bring Terrain where possible – There will be limited terrain available, the cupboard will be unavailable however we will put popular terrain outside.
- Please bring your own drinks and refreshments – The Kitchen is closed and there will be no shop available.
- You will not be allowed to circulate to other tables – If you want to chat to another member not at your table both of you will need to go outside.
- There will be hand Sanitiser provided by Winnersh Parish Council – These are dotted throughout the building and there is cleaning supplies to sanitise tables. Please do bring your own supplies if you want them at your table.
The above Please read the guidance document that details how club nights will run and the restrictions in place –
Winnersh Parish Council have worked with us about reopening and have given us guidance on how the night needs to run. They have then approved our plan to setup club nights. If you want more information on the Government guidance that Winnersh Parish Council are working to please Click on link
The current plan is certain to change and will either get more restricted to the point there will be no club nights or as restrictions ease we will be able to move more towards “Normal”. We will communicate changes as quickly as possible though mailing list, Facebook and the website however with Government policy changing so fast please do bear with us.
The parish council have offered more bookings of the hall to us as there are reduced numbers possible on any one night. With these bookings we can try to run more club events and one idea has been to do Club Sundays. All of the same restrictions would apply on a Sunday. If you are interested please pop a mail to email@example.com and let us know. If Club nights are popular we may try to put one on and see what the reception is.
If you have any feedback on club nights, the booking process or any other part of the process please let us know.
Apologies – Correct Town Hall link below
Apologies to all who tried to join last night with the link sent out on the previous mail, must have had a moment when putting the mail together as the link was wrong.
The below link is to view the recording from last night:
Many thanks and hope you are staying well.
Wargames Association of Reading Chairman